TAX SEASON EXTENDED THROUGH MAY 17, 2021
WE FILE YOUR TAXES ONLINE FOR FREE
Be confident in your virtual return. Our certified tax professionals understand your needs, and speak your language. We make it safe and easy!
CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Monday through Thursday, 10:00am to 1:00pm and 5pm to 8pm,
Friday and Saturday, from 10am to 1pm.
About Broward Tax Pro
Broward Tax Pro or formerly known as Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is an excellent opportunity for individuals and families to keep more of their money and save on tax preparation fees.
Additional information about Broward Tax Pro
Hispanic Unity of Florida (HUF) has partnered with Code for America, a nonprofit organization that believes government can work for the people, and by the people, in the digital age, starting with the people who need it most. GetYourRefund is a non-profit digital platform built by Code for America in partnership with IRS-certified Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites nationally.
Broward Tax Pro Preparation Service that was previously available in-person, now is fully online. It is the same high-quality service and expertise provided by certified tax professionals who understand clients’ needs and speak English, Spanish and Haitian Creole.
This service is provided by trained, qualified, tax professionals who will prepare taxes at no cost*, and determine an individual’s eligibility for special tax credits such as Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly and education credits to assist taxpayers in maximizing their returns refunds.
We also have a telephone hotline to serve as an informational and referral hub that provides service support for the virtual/online tax preparation service. This hotline also will answer questions general tax questions.
In the 2020 tax season, more than 3,500 Broward County taxpaying working families and individuals took advantage of our program and had their income taxes prepared by certified tax professionals. More than $4.3 million in taxes were refunded to working families and close to $1M in savings of tax preparation fees.
*To be eligible for this free service, a family or an individual must have an annual household income of less than $66,000.
Broward Tax Pro or formerly known as In addition to proof of your identity, and the identities of your family members, this is a list of items you should gather for the Income Tax preparation:
Full list of required documents
- Must have current Government Issued ID
- Social Security card or verification letter that includes the Social Security Number, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- (ITIN) assignment letter, for all family members
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2020
- Form 1099-G for unemployment compensation and state or local tax refunds
- Form 1099-R or form SSA-1099
- If you are self-employed bring all the supporting documentation related to your business income and expenses. (If you worked with Uber and/or Lyft, you must bring the official statement they provide showing the details of gross payments received, mileage and fees paid during 2020).
- Form W-2G and any other 1099 form received during 2020
Child care provider name, address, and tax ID number, and the amount paid in 2020
- Form 1098-T and school statement showing charges and payments for every academic period, if you or anyone in your household
attend college or university (post-secondary education)
- Other applicable tax-related documents, such as interest statements, federal loan documents, retirement statements, list
of organizations to which you made charitable donations, etc.
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements, or health insurance exemption certificates
- Banking or credit union account information (routing and checking/saving account number)
Funders, Partners & Supporters
- African American Research Library
- Center for Independent Living of Broward County
- Carter Park - City of Fort Lauderdale Parks and Recreation
- City of Sunrise Senior Center and Dan Perl Library
- City of Tamarac Community Center and Recreation
- Center Chamberlain University
- Ethel M. Gordon Oakland Park Library
- Community Access Center
- E. Pat Larkins Community Center
- North Regional Broward College Library
- Northwest Regional Library
- Urban League of Broward County
- West Regional Library